Disputing a background check
If you understand that any information on your background report is inaccurate or incomplete, you may file a dispute with Smart Screening at no charge. This process generally takes up to thirty (30) business days, depending on the nature, scope and sources of the information that is being disputed.
Smart Screening will properly investigate the specific information and/or records that you are disputing. We also have personnel who can assist you during the dispute process.
You may contact Smart Screening Customer Service at 787-523-4393 if you need assistance filing a dispute or to request a free copy of your background check report.
You are entitled to this information by law. If you need assistance identifying the specific information you want reviewed, you may contact us at 787-523-4393 or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispute Process Overview
To help Smart Screening process your dispute as quick as possible, please complete the following steps:
1. Review the instructions.
2. Complete the online or written dispute form fully and accurately.
3. Submit the form along with all the requested information and/or documents.
The form will ask you to:
1. Provide your identifying and contact information for authentication and security purposes.
2. Identify the information you are disputing, and then specify which report and record you want reviewed.
3. Provide the address you would like your results sent to.
If you are unable to access or complete our web form, you may print, complete and submit the following form by regular mail to:
1225 Ave. Ponce De León
ViG Tower 1404
San Juan, PR 00907
The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act: Summary of Your Rights Under the FCRA
Download File PDF